Wednesday, July 8, 2026

End Corporal Punishment of Children

Where is corporal punishment of children illegal?

I am loathe to give the smug Swedes credit for anything, but there is this.  
The United States is not on this list.  South Sudan, Congo, Guinea, and Zambia, yes absolutely, but not the US.



If you are over five feet tall and you find yourself beating another human being under, what, four feet tall, three feet tall, two feet tall? (pick for yourself), you should go to jail.

You belong in jail.

I could not care less what was acceptable for your parents.  Or your grandparents.  Or that times have changed.  There was a time when children were basically considered property.  None of these are sufficient arguments in favor of the practice.  My mother would not tap her dog on the nose with a rolled-up newspaper, but she had no problem beating her children.  Just imagine.

Parents strike their children for two reasons and two reasons only.  One because they are angry, and two, because they can (without consequence).  I have written previously on this topic.
𓐵

No comments:

Post a Comment